– This is the highest-selling? – Oh, she’s beautiful.
Puts Popeye’s to shame. Is that blasphemous?
– Every time a McDonald’s restaurant opens,
an angel gets its wings. ♪ (industrial intro) ♪ – (FBE) So, Dominic, we are about
to put your fast food knowledge to the test.
– Mm. Sounds good. I’m actually really hungry.
– (FBE) So, we’re gonna see if you can correctly guess
the top 10 highest-grossing fast food chains in
the United States in order, starting from the highest grossing
to the least grossing of the top 10. – Wow. If we’re going
based on money, I’ve given all of them at least $1 million.
– We all know that McDonald’s is probably the best-selling
fast food chain in the US, but who’s next?
– (FBE) We’re doing this because it is National Fast Food Day!
– Oh my god! A day we should all celebrate.
– (FBE) For each of these, we will be showing you
the top-selling item from each fast food chain.
– Ooh. I know these well. – (FBE) First up is
the crunchy beef taco from Taco Bell.
– This is the highest-selling item? – I’m not a fan of tacos that much,
but I just wanna see it just to see. Yeah, I’m more of
a chicken person. (laughs) – Taco Bell is
a personal favorite of mine. (chuckles) I’m here all the time.
I always get the same thing usually. I always get the beefy Fritos burrito.
– I used to eat Taco Bell all the time. It was the go-to,
’cause it’s super cheap. – I’ll eat anything off of Taco Bell
depending on how drunk I am. – Taco Bell has, I think,
a very specific demographic, where it’s like stoners,
people that love cheap food, so college students.
And I feel like I should eat it just to get a better gauge. Taco Bell’s such a classic.
– (FBE) So, where do you think that this ranks in the list
of top-grossing fast food chains? – Okay, I’m gonna rank this
number three. – Americans love tacos almost
as much as we love burgers. So, I’m gonna put this at four.
– I think Taco Bell’s so good. It has to be either two or three,
but for me, I’m gonna put two. – (FBE) All right, next up…
– (gasps) Krispy Kreme. – (FBE) …is Dunkin’ Donuts.
– Dunkin’ Donuts! – (FBE) So, this is Dunkin’s
top-selling item, Munchkins, which were actually introduced
to the public in 1972. – Oh, wow. I never
get Munchkins ever. – That’s why I said I’m curious
as to what will show up on this list, because I didn’t
expect donuts to show up as fast food.
– It’s just like eating a cloud, but it’s gonna make me
more like a brick. – So good. I didn’t
eat breakfast either today, so it’s perfect.
– It’s like dough with icing, and it’s great.
– Mm. Now I know why it’s the top-selling item.
When I was thinking fast food, I was thinking actual foods.
I didn’t even think of pastries, donuts.
– I’m gonna give it the benefit of the doubt.
I’ma give it number four. – This is number nine,
because when you think of fast food, you don’t think of donuts usually.
– I don’t really eat Dunkin’, so that makes me automatically
wanna put it towards the bottom. I’m gonna put it at eight.
– (FBE) Next, we have the Baconator from Wendy’s.
– Wendy’s. Solid Twitter account. – Look at that, the square patty.
– Anything with bacon when I was a kid was just it.
– I usually don’t get burgers from Wendy’s, though.
I would always get the baked potato. – It’s overwhelming. (giggles)
– Once upon a time, I got these at least three or four times a week.
– I would normally not get something like this. It’s not that good.
– I feel like Wendy’s is a four. – I’m gonna probably say two.
– If you go by their Twitter, they should be number one.
Goddamn, I love that Twitter. I’m gonna make this number three.
– (FBE) Here’s the next thing. – Ooh. What’s this?
– (FBE) This is Panera Bread’s broccoli cheddar soup.
– Ooh! This is gonna be a first for me.
– (FBE) So, at the end of the 2000s, the idea of labeling restaurants
that don’t offer full table service but advertise higher quality food
were dubbed the name fast casual restaurants,
which still make the list. – Nice.
– That, I would consider it, ’cause it’s a place that you go
when you wanna sit down, but also, it’s not
a Cheesecake Factory, where you have to get dressed up.
– So, is Chipotle gonna be on here? – I don’t think
that’s fast food, though. I feel healthy
when I eat Panera. – That’s good. It’s fondue-y.
– It’s better in a bread bowl, though. – I’m more of a corner bakery girl,
but Panera’s okay. Damn. Okay.
That’s pretty good, actually. – Panera’s definitely not
the most popular of the fast food variant,
but it is more expensive than the average one.
So, things like McDonald’s and stuff, you can get an entire meal there
for three bucks. This, it’s gonna cost you 12 bucks,
so that automatically makes it four times more profitable.
God, this is the only math I care about.
– I’m gonna say nine? – Seven. This is with a heavy heart.
I love you, Panera. – I’m gonna put this
as my number 10, but maybe that’ll change.
– (FBE) So, next up is Subway’s Italian BMT, which stands
for biggest, meatiest, tastiest. – This doesn’t look like big meat.
– It’s the most colorful sandwich I’ve ever seen. I don’t see
that much meat on it. (chuckles) – At Cal Poly, there’s a whole bunch
of fast food places, and Subway is the only line where
it’s like a 20-minute wait. I don’t know why people
love it so much. – Okay. Interesting.
Subway’s not my first instinct. I don’t think I’m ever craving it.
– As a Subway sandwich artist, I would’ve added a lot
more different things, but, you know, can’t complain.
It’s really good. – (FBE) Are you a sandwich artist?
– I mean, I don’t work there, but when I make my own,
I feel like one. – I see why this one’s
the most popular item from Subway, ’cause it’s what you want
from a sandwich. – I’m gonna place it at six.
– Number three, ’cause I feel like a lot of people go to Subway.
– Subway’s bigger than I give it credit for. I’m gonna say four,
honestly, right behind Taco Bell. – (FBE) Next we have…
– Yes! Top three. This has to be.
– (FBE) …pepperoni pizza from Domino’s. Fun fact:
Domino’s sell an average of three million pizzas a day. – Wait. Slices or full pizzas?
– (FBE) Pizzas. – Wow.
– Domino’s is my go-to pizza spot, ’cause it’s probably
the cheapest one. It’s one of the only franchises
that I’m signed up for points with. – Domino’s has the best pizza
in my opinion. Their crust is really good.
– Their garlic is undefeated, though. Domino’s has the best garlic bread
in the game. – I’ll tell you one thing,
you don’t sell– how many million pizzas a day?
– (FBE) Three million. – Three million pizzas a day
and not be close to the top of this list.
– Their pastas and their chicken wings are also really good.
This one has to be four. – So, I’m just gonna put ’em on eight.
– Domino’s, number two. – It’s sharing the market
with a lot of other places. Maybe nine, honestly?
– (FBE) So, this… – (gasps) Oh my god! Chick-fil-A!
– (FBE) This is the deluxe chicken sandwich.
– Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I’m so excited! I love Chick-fil-A!
– I was so addicted to Chick-fil-A that one time I went twice
in one day. I don’t necessarily support
their political views and where they put their money,
but I support good chicken sandwiches. – (FBE) So, this is the deluxe
chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A. – Ah, I haven’t had Chick-fil-A
in a long time. I feel conflicted. – Oh, she’s beautiful.
Puts Popeyes to shame. Is that blasphemous to say?
– Chick-fil-A is so good, man. I’m changing my answer.
I’m only putting where it’s gonna– you know what?
I’m putting it at number one. – This is so good!
Definitely my favorite, and I hope it’s everyone’s favorite.
– The best sauce of all time, the Chick-fil-A sauce. Wow.
Altogether, it works so well. – I’m gonna have to put it
at number one, but I think I’m gonna need to do some reordering.
– I would say probably seven. – Number one. I don’t even
know the rest, but Chick-fil-A number one.
– They don’t open on Sundays, though. And it seems that everyone
in the world seems to crave their sandwiches on Sundays.
I’m gonna put Chick-fil-A at seven. – (FBE) Next up, another
fast casual restaurant sneaks its way in.
This is the Starbucks famous pumpkin spice latte…
– I know it well. – (FBE) …which was actually
first introduced in 2003 for the holidays and sold roughly…
– Oh! – (FBE) …$424 million worldwide.
– No way! It’s crazy. I’ve seen so many memes
about this pumpkin spice latte. – Starbucks, you don’t think
fast food, because people just go and get drinks, coffees,
and stuff like that, but they do sell sandwiches. – I’m keeping this.
– This is really good. It tastes like fall.
– Wow. That hit me with so many fall feelings.
I feel like it’s Christmas. – This is the most popular, though?
That’s– really?! I think it’s because it’s seasonal.
People are like– They’re like, “Oh, I can’t get it
for the summer time, so I have to get it during winter.”
It’s good, but there’s a lot better things on the menu.
– I’m gonna put it at number two, because it’s very good.
– Six for now, but I don’t think it’s what they deserve.
– There’s a convenience element with Starbucks. You just walk in,
you get a coffee, you keep going. I feel like this might be number one.
– (FBE) So, this is the Whopper from Burger King, which has
actually been around since 1957. – I’ve been eating it
for a long time. – People [bleep] on Burger King,
but it’s pretty good. – You know you’re in America
when you see a big-ass burger that you can get for like $2.
Is this gonna change my life? I don’t think so.
– Whoppers are good. These hit the munchie feeling.
– I understand why it’s popular. It’s good.
– I feel like Wendy’s burgers are better.
– That’s really good! That’s way better
than the Baconator. – There’s just something
about Burger King that tastes especially cardboard.
– I’ve never had this before. Okay. Let’s see if this is good. I mean, it’s fast food trash.
– I’m gonna put it for number nine. This feels like a test.
– A nine. Nobody really likes Burger King.
– We’re gonna place Mr. BK at 10. – For now, I’m gonna put it at six,
’cause I only have sixth and second, and Burger King is not number two.
Well, it gives you number two. (clang!)
– (voice-over) Truth! – (FBE) So, last up is McDonald’s
with their french fries. Fun fact: A new McDonald’s restaurant
opens every 14 and a half hours. – I believe it. (chuckles)
I mean, like, if they do weddings, they do it all.
– Every time a McDonald’s restaurant opens, an angel gets its wings.
– I don’t even like french fries if they’re not curly
and they don’t have seasoning. McDonald’s never does that.
They just put a lot of salt on it. So, I’m not gonna eat these ones.
– Just a good ol’ McDonald’s fry. – There are better
french fries out there. I think I like Burger King
french fries better. – Dipping these in ice cream,
that’s the secret to these fries. There’s a drug in these.
I know there is. – There’s a lot of equity
among the burgers at all these places, but french fries?
It’s like McDonald’s is so obviously way ahead.
– Eight. I guess. Those are some good fries.
– I’m gonna put it at number ten, but it’s number one. Like,
I can’t– I’m sorry, Chick-fil-A. – I think they are number two,
because I think Subway might still be above them.
– (FBE) So, now that you’ve indulged, you’ve ranked all of this food.
We’re gonna give you a chance to make some changes.
– Thank you. (chuckles) – Subway’s two.
Chick-fil-A is three. Wendy’s is four.
– Dunkin’ Donuts is 10 for sure. Panera is nine.
Wendy’s is eight. – You know what? I’m not
gonna reorder anything. I put a lot of work into this.
I’m gonna frame this after. – (FBE) Coming in at number 10
with $5.7 billion in sales is Panera Bread.
– I knew that it was low, but I believed in it too much.
– I knew it! I knew it! I’m so excited.
– I knew it. It’s fast food, but it’s barely fast food.
– (FBE) With $6.6 billion in sales, at number nine is Domino’s.
– Huh. Okay. I gave ’em way more credit than they deserved.
– I was way off. Domino’s is number four right there.
– That one, I [bleep] up on. – Hey, that’s what I had!
So, I already have enough points. I can leave. I just wanted
to be on the board. – (FBE) All right. Number eight
with $8.7 billion in sales is Dunkin’. (buzzer)
– Okay. That’s… actually pretty high up there.
– I put nine for Dunkin’. That’s a point.
– Oh my god! I got a point. I put it at nine.
– Ooh! Okay, I got Dunkin’ right on it. – (FBE) Number seven
with $9.95 billion in sales is Burger King.
– Oh, I had it at six! Okay, that’s still a point.
– I put that at five. This is harder than I thought.
– I put Burger King at number 10. But they did better
than what I thought they would do. – (FBE) Number six with $9.99 billion
in sales is Wendy’s. – (gasps) I put it at three.
– I put Wendy’s at… four. Aww. – Nice! Got that one.
I got this one in the bag. – If it wasn’t because of the Twitter,
it would’ve been like number 11 or something.
– (FBE) Number five with $10 billion in sales is Chick-fil-A.
– Chick-fil-A? – I underestimated Chick-fil-A.
I put them at seven. – Taco Bell is bigger
than Chick-fil-A? It’s because Chick-fil-A
is not open on Sunday. That’s why.
– (FBE) Number four with $10.3 billion is Taco Bell.
– Oh, I had Taco Bell at seven and Starbucks at four.
Okay, I’m losing now. – I get a point for that one.
I was close. – I put Taco Bell at number three,
so I get a point. Woo. – (FBE) Number three
with $10.4 billion in sales is Subway.
– Just straight-up wrong. Domino’s is what I put.
– This is the most points I’ve ever got. (chuckles)
– It’s three?! What?! No one talks about Subway!
– (FBE) And number two with $19.7 billion in sales
is Starbucks. – Ah, they’re at number four.
Why didn’t I put them higher? What’s wrong with me?
– I put that one for number eight. (chuckles) Way off.
– I put three. Three points. Yippee ki-yay.
– Right on the money! Right on the money.
– (FBE) And finally, at number one with a staggering $38.5 billion…
– McDonald’s? – (FBE) …is McDonald’s.
– Really?! – Was it a question?
Was it even… we knew. – I should’ve figured.
McDonald’s is global, and it’s a massive corporation.
I’m proud of myself. I feel good that I know
as much fast food as I do, but maybe this also means
I should eat healthier. – Thanks for watching
this tasty episode of College Kids React.
– What’s your favorite fast food place?
Let us know in the comments. – Subscribe and hit
the notification bell, so you never miss an episode.
– (muffled) Thanks for watching. Bye! – Hey, it’s Sierra,
producer here at FBE. Thanks so much for watching
this episode of College Kids React. To check out our other yummy episodes
across all generations, hit up those links down
in the description. Bye, guys!